Here are links to various online tutorials to help you with implementing Moodle successfully.
- Moodle’s flagship introduction video, http://vimeo.com/3867499
- Tomaz Lasic’s “How Moodle Can change a School” (part 1 and 2), http://vimeo.com/4964277
- Goomoodleikiog, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOKJk-7K9gY
- Using Moodle in the Classroom, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9XfwBzt1mY
- Moodle Explained with Lego http://vimeo.com/4955838
- 10 Moodle Tutorial Videos (for your viewing pleasure)
- 8 Five Minute Moodle tutorial videos by TLT Center @PurchaseSUNY
- Cool intro to Moodle video by mpowerlearning.com
- Videos from Columbia Gorge Community College
- Great new #Moodle2pr videos from @ghenrick (2.0)
Moodle in the Workplace
Workplace learning is completely different from academic learning.
The relationship between the learner and the "teacher" ( the "learning" ) is usually focused in a specific tool or outcome, and will only exist for a short period of time - sometimes only half and hour, as opposed to a semester, or even year long academic course.
The learning is also usually individual, rather than collaborative, well in the online environment anyway. Colllaborative activities in the workplace tend to be held face to face, in special real-world environments for team building / bonding.
The demographic in the workplace will also be quite different, with the target audience not familiar with, or appreciative of an acadaemic style of learning. Therefore the materials will need to created with more multi-media content. The language and style, amount of content per sitting, etc, needs to be suited to this enviroment.
Courses developed for an academic environment do not easily translate to a workplace setting.
Free Moodle Sandpit Request
We are now processing your Sandpit Request, and will contact you shortly with details of how to access the site.
We should have your Sandpit up and running within 24 hours.
Mahara Training is available on a 1 to 1 basis.
We are also able to set up a free Mahara sandpit for you to trial Mahara.