Layout and usability
- Familiar PowerPoint-like authoring environment;
- Course Structure Pane displays tree-like course structure;
- Module Structure Pane contains thumbnails of all slides in the module and slides hierarchy;
- Frame Strip contains thumbnails of all frames of current slide;
- Visual Frame Timeline;
- Multipurpose Object Pane;
- Frequently used options are accessible via toolbar buttons.
- WYSIWYG environment - no HTML or other programming skills required;
- Embedded Rich Text editor enables formatting text to a specific font, color, font size, including hyperlinks,tables, lists and pictures;
- Drag-and-drop objects placing;
- Simple frame-based animation;
- Action-based object's animation.
- Pictures in various formats;
- Simple inserting and synchronization of audio files in various formats;
- Adobe® Flash® movies;
- Adobe® Shockwave® applications;
- Java® applets;
- Video clips in various formats.
- Large (and user-expandable) set of ready-to-use module templates;
- Inheritance - capability to re-use once inserted objects in entire module;
- Global default font settings applicable to all text-containing objects;
- Scenario feature enables building complex multi-object interactions with one mouse click;
- Import PowerPoint® presentations into the learning material
Testing and Assessment
- Built-in test creation capability;
- Supported types of questions: single choice, multiple select, ordered items, numerical fill-in-blank, text fill-in-blank and matching pairs;
- Tools for creating custom questions and interactive exercises of virtually any type.
- Objective-based scoring allows creating scaled tests.
- Any object can be active click (or mouseOver/mouseOut) area;
- Any part of text can be active click (or mouseOver/mouseOut) area;
- Hotspot areas can be defined on pictures;
- Current values of form elements (such as Text Input Fields, CheckBoxes, Radiobuttons etc.) can be used in actions;
- Simple intuitive action description language;
- Event-Action mechanism enables utilizing virtually all functionality of CourseLab depending on user action;
- Launching applications and documents in new window (Power Point®, Excel®, Word® & PDFs).
Special effects in playing mode
- Programmable object's appearance and disappearance;
- Configurable transition effects applicable to any object;
- Rotation of objects;
- Capabilty to drag the objects by mouse;
- Programmable moving of objects.
- Simple-to-use wizard-based screen capturing mechanism;
- Customizable recording window size;
- Freeze recording window capability for partial capture mode (for example, to capture drop-down menu etc.);
- Automatic recording of cursor movements;
- Recorded simulation can be edited in CourseLab to add comments and interactions.
Scoring and evaluation
- Objective-based scoring mechanism;
- Various conditions can be used to create Success and Completion statuses defining Rules for objective;
- Cascading Rules - objective's statuses can also be used in conditions.
Publication options and eLearning standards
- Simple wizard-based publishing;
- Publish to HTML package;
- Publish to CD-ROM;
- Publish to AICC package for import to any LMS supporting this standard;
- Publish to SCORM 1.2 package for import to any LMS supporting this standard;
- Publish to SCORM 2004 for import to any LMS supporting this standard.